As Thanksgiving approaches, here are some things I’m grateful for:
- I’m grateful for the many San Joaquín Valley residents who have invited me into their homes and lives, and shared their stories. Their stories have the power to change lives.
- I’m grateful to have met health, environmental and social advocates who fight tirelessly for improved conditions in this region. Their commitment is inspiring.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to have visited communities across this region. I can now tell you a story about most communities along Highway 99.
- I’m grateful to have learned about the Valley’s rich and diverse cultures.
- I’m grateful to the supporters and readers of this blog, especially those who attended its birthday parties at La Reina de Michoacán.
- I’m grateful for these past four years at Vida en el Valle, and 2.5 years as Vida’s community health reporter. Nov. 20 will be my last day here. After this, you can always reach me via Twitter.