For the past six weeks, between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, Vida en el Valle has run a multiple-part series called ‘The Youngest Parents’ about teen pregnancy. In case you missed any of the stories, they are listed below.
- Part 1: The Youngest Parents
- Part 2: Single mother fights the odds
- Part 3: Programs support teen parents
- Part 4: Programs designed to cut teen pregnancy face funding cuts
- Part 5: Millenium baby is defying the naysayers
- Part 6: Teen dads asked to become men overnight
- Part 7: Commentary: Teen pregnancy remains a continuing fight
Profiles of teen moms:
- Part 1: Olga has new outlook in life
- Part 2: Cynthia prepares for motherhood
- Part 3: Scholarship improves mom’s future
- Part 4: Baby doesn’t hinder her studies
- Part 5: Birth of ‘angel’ changes Rita’s life
- Part 6: Mom of two succeeds, with help
Have you been following this series? What do you think could be done to lower the teen pregnancy rate among Latinas in the Valley? Do you have a teen pregnancy experience you would like to share?
Top two photos by Daniel Cásarez.